Voting

Sunday, November 15, 2009

What would you do with a story board?


Note: The title of this post must be said to the tune of what would you do-oo-oo for a klondike bar :)

Ok, now that that is out of the way, what would you do with a storyboard? I offer these with all my sessions and there are some really cute and creative things you can do with them. Unfortunately I think a lot of people look at them and think "well that sure is pretty, but what am I going to do with it". Here are some ideas:

As a lover of all things girly, including ribbons, naturally my favorite thing to do with them is to have them mounted on foam board and hot glue a ribbon to the back of them and hang them on the wall. This is super cute because it can be custom tailored to suit your decor style. Lets say you want to do this with a story board of a little girl and her bedroom colors are pink and green, you can find a cute pink and green ribbon to glue to the back of your story board and viola! you've got custom artwork to hang in her bedroom. These also make great gifts for grandparents!

So maybe you aren't a ribbon person, no problem. Another one of my favorite things to do is keep it mounted on foam board and just display it using a plate stand. This can be hung on the wall, or displayed on a shelf somewhere. I think using the plate stand adds more dimension when decorating.

And lastly, they do make frames for size 10x20 so you could always go the traditional route and hang your storyboard in a frame.

*The photo above is an example of a recent storyboard I did for halloween which was then emailed out to my family. The storyboards you will see in your session have a neutral, black, or white background color unless you request otherwise.

No comments: